Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this FXDL up new last April after testing out a few models. It was the one that handled the best and would require the least amount of cockpit mods to be 100% comfortable. I'm a sucker for mid controls and 2-1 exhaust.

As purchased.....

As it sits now. It was nice not having to dump a bunch of money into a new bike right off the bat to "make it my own" and be comfortable.

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mang. With a full stage 1 (tuning by FuelMoto) this thing will spin the rear with ease. Love having the "lightest weight" bike with the big motor that handles great.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I've always loved LowRider's .......kinda like a muscle bound Sportster on steroids ! Now put you a nice chrome set of highway bars on it for those long rides .
You can never go wrong with a Low Rider .

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No highway bars needed. Control, with just a bit of tweaking, are perfectly comfortable.

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's one of the best attributes of the LR.......it needed very little tweaking from the factory. I'm done and it's just swing a leg over and ride from now on. Through past bikes I have learned what was needed and what was a waste of money.

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm only 5'7" so I don't need highway pegs to stretch out. Haha...... I love mid's.

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installed all the "goin' solo" goodies today. Mustang Vintage Solo, removed passenger pegs/mounts and installed front belt guard mount hardware from a Street Bob.

Some terrible iPhone shots......

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
Nice work ...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've set mine (2014 Low Rider) up for touring. Plan to ride it from San Antonio to Seattle this coming April. Leather Tail Bag, Throw Over Saddle Bags, Forward Controls, Heel Rests, over sized Brake Pedal, Shorter Shift Lever, (I'm only 5'7" also), Rear Turns to Brake/Turn conversion kit, Auxiliary Wiring Kit for Handle Bar J&M CB, and Tom Tom Rider GPS, Quick Release Windshield, Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Still thinking of a Luggage Rack with built in LED Lights. Also installed Screamin Eagle Intake and 2 into 1 Exhaust with Super Trap Adjustable End Cap. Bike still looks stock when bags are taken off. This bike fits me perfectly and with intake and exhaust it is smoother on take-off and has more power.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Real nice looking scoot!

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While I appreciate the positive feedback I'm not 100% convinced the Mustang Vintage flows with the bike's lines......but it sure is comfy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts