Harley Davidson Forums banner

some spankin' going on!!!

5K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Nathang 
#1 ·
went riding with wapow, me on the FLHRSI, he was on get this not on the "X" just your plain ordinary v-rod. some mustang wanted some...he then realized that he shouldn't have tried to run us , I mean I had too much for him.his boy was on the "X" while wapow was on the 1130 ate the mustang up and spit him out!!!:rofl::rofl::ride, and can you dig that sucka!?:dance:dance

#4 ·
I had some d/a in built 06 Chrysler 300 tried to jump me. I wouldn't call what I gave him, with a stock VRSCD, in front of two of friends a spanking. Brutal beating with a spiked club would come close. I gave him a "baby wave" as I one-handed it over the horizon in second gear. This was 5 weeks ago. According to his buds last Saturday, nobody has seen him running since that night. If you can't take the shame, don't expose yourself in public!!

#5 ·
I'm always getting dip sticks who want to run me. I never turn down a race. Hell, I'd race a State Trooper. Haven't lost yet. Came close to a built Mustang.

#6 ·
I likes to run mine when I get the op.
I had an older dude come up on my right side (turbo side) he saw what I had and still wanted some.
He had a big twin and it ran pretty strong, but not at all near strong enough :)
I gave him the nod, he hammered it and jumped 3 on me, all the while I grabbed clutch, dropped two gears and hammered it. I zipped by him like he was in reverse. I looked back to offer up more fun and he was already turning and going the other direction.

#11 · (Edited)
I have a sneaking suspicion that everybody who uses the word "Airhead"
gets a huge hard-on whenever the Mazda commercial goes ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM.

And please, excuse me for stating the incredibly obvious, (and for using the jargon,)
MOST any "Airhead" rider who hasn't spent $5000 on upgrades, and/or turbo, nitrous, something,
who is even vaguely interested, let alone willing to race a V-Rod, it isn't his bike that is being revealed
as weak, it is his intelligence.

I love my V-Rod. I LOVE THE V-Rod.
But I'm afraid there are few V-Rod owners who's arrogant punk sport-biker attitude
leads me to think that I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

#12 ·
what if I was on fire? :confused:

could you please find a glass of water or something? I don't want you to piss on me anyway :D

#13 ·
Vic, You haven't in any way exhibited the snarling antagonism that I'm talking about and you know it.

You other V-Rod owners...
No, make that US V-Rod owners who are not the a**holes, you know very well the attitudes I'm talking about,
because you and I have both been embarrassed for them by for the degree which these individuals have shown their asses,
and their punk attitudes.

#14 ·
The strange part to me Nathang is that our V-Rod community complains about not being accepted by the traditional/airhead Harley community, yet turn around an demonstrate the same behavior toward them.

#15 ·
I'm with you guys on this, I get sooooo tired of the "airhead" vs. "watercooled" crap. I have both and have never had anybody say anything negative to me on either bike. I ride with anybody no mater what kind of bike they have as long as they are a safe rider.

#16 ·
Let's note that most of the arrogant punks only have one bike, or at least only one Harley,
and I'll bet good money that they have never had a traditional Harley Davidson motorcycle.

It's plain, if there is anything wrong with the V-Rod, it's that it seems to have attracted
the worst jackasses of the sport-bike crowd.

Flies around sugar?

#17 ·
So called "Street racers" and saturday night cruisers are usually a bunch of posers anyway, no matter what they run. The real proof is at the track. But there is something to be said for spanking that ass when some cocky shit postures beside you at the light. But let's all try to be safe and hurt no one but ourselves. (personal choice)

#18 ·
The strange part to me Nathang is that our V-Rod community complains about not being accepted by the traditional/airhead Harley community, yet turn around an demonstrate the same behavior toward them.
that is a dichotomy i dont understand AT ALL

maybe its because i own a V-Rod and a Busa..i love both for VERY different reasons.. and rarely ride the Busa with any one else because i cant take the "kids" around here that ride them .. yeah i am not THAT old but i am also not 22 any more either .. and those "boys" grate me in the worst ways.. i cant say they are all boys but the majority around here are..

i tend to ride the V with my gang in Nashville and ride the Busa alone.. how odd , yes?

and when all my friends are in town i ride with the oddest group ever .. we have my V.. a victory 8 ball, m109, rune, geezer glide (said with the utmost affection), gold wing, BMW and a concours

#21 ·
posted by Dragonfire
So called "Street racers" and saturday night cruisers are usually a bunch of posers anyway, no matter what they run. The real proof is at the track. But there is something to be said for spanking that ass when some cocky shit postures beside you at the light. But let's all try to be safe and hurt no one but ourselves. (personal choice)

Ok, can I say that my favorite thing is for these same guys to pull this crap on me at a red light. The ******** around here think "Oh here's a girl on a bike. Watch this." Silly boys! This girl knows how to ride! I could almost understand it when I had my little yellow Suzuki 650 but they still do it when I'm on my Low Rider. Can you imagine? The last one was in a rust bucket ford pickup held together with spit and luck. Didn't even get out of 2nd on him.:rofl::ride

#22 ·
have fun Lowrider Grl, but you should know you won't beat a fast bike or even a real fast car. If a V-Rod or any sport bike challenges you, best to act too dignified for that kind of thing. KBOlsen has gone to a lot of trouble, a 95" kit and cams and probably high compression pistons and head work, and she's struggling to reach 95 HP. A V-Rod's 110 stock hp works and works well. Don't mess with 'em.

#24 ·
Raceboy!!!

Airheads, waterheads, riceheads, cageheads, revvvvvheads and dickheads - all trying to corner a piece of teritory for themselves....

I love riding any bike, mostly my own bikes, and I ove the rush and thrill of going as fast as I can as quickly as possible - and especially with/against anybody else!

Sure, I will take you on with your anything anywhere anytime!
I dont care if I win or lose, I care about the difference between the machines.
I care that its guys/girls/whatever having a bit of mischievious fun and enjoying the naughty freedoms we are not allowed anymore!!!:D:ride

#25 ·
Years ago on a weekend of the most obscenely dangerous activities I ever saw, I went to Beech Bend park in KY for the motorcycle drag racing championships, the camping area was turned over to the mostly outlaw bikers. All the drag racing I saw was in the camping area, on a golf cart track, with the meanest street bikes you ever saw, wheelie bars and all.

The hot bikes of the day were 900 Kawasaki's and 1100 Suzuki's and all the Harley's were getting whipped REAL bad. Some dude comes dragging in a Harley 350 Sprint, which was an Italian Aeromecci (sp?) It was dressed in Harley Orange and black racing colors, and had an aluminum disc laced into the front spokes to break the timing light, so it looked like a toy drag bike. Here's a picture of one.

The guy with the little Harley got laughed at, till he pulled a roll of money out of his pocket, then all the fast Jap bikes were more interested. He dragged the little bike up to the starting line, he hadn't started it yet, waited until the other bike was staged, all the mouthin' off was done, started if up and KICKED ASS!

Everybody got real quiet, watching this guy, who had immediately killed the motor at the other end of the race, he calmly dragged the little bike back to the starting line to see who was next. The Jap bike people couldn't believe it, so he got about 3 or 4 more takers, promptly kicked all of their asses too, each time starting the bike after the other guy had warmed his tire and shot off his mouth, and each time killing the engine quickly at the finish line. People still couldn't believe it. By about the 4th or 5 time he repeated this stunt, everybody crowded in close at the starting line was coughing and rubbing their eyes, something was burning them. The guy kind of faded away with his Little Harley racer by the time somebody said "Nitro!"

Just for the conversation, a piece of more or less useless trivia for this thread, on making race fuel.

Everybody has heard of methanol, that's wood alcohol.
Then there is nitromethane. It's a cousin of nitroglycerin.

Nitromethane is soluble in methanol and makes a superfuel that helps make nitro fuel dragsters make 800 hp per cylinder. Neither nitromethane or nitromethanol are soluble in gasoline.

IF YOU WERE CRAZY ENOUGH TO WANT TO DO SO, and/or had a special purpose bike you could tune for kicking ass only, you might make use of another interesting cousin of nitromethane, and his name is nitropropane.

Nitropropane IS soluble in gasoline, and has been used at concentrations as high as 20% for race fuel. Where I first read about this stuff was in go-kart racing, people were sure the whipping they were taking was because of cheating on the fuel, but they didn't know a way to test for it at the track.

One of the HotRod magazines tested it one time, built a strong motor, tested it for a baseline, spiked the fuel with nitropropane, richened up the mixture like they'd been told, fired it up and BOOM, split their cast iron block several pieces and broke a forged crank. They started over, built a new motor, etc, etc, and went up 9 sizes in jets, so ran it WAY rich, and got it to run safely, and said they finally made about 20% more power than gasoline on the same engine.

Because a V-Rod has a plastic fuel tank, and maybe being water cooled might make it a bit more tolerable of higher heat, a feller inclined to race for money and cheat, and to tune carefully for this stuff, and research what fuel system components might be affected, might find nitropropane useful.

#28 ·
Ill bet that was a real handful to pilot down the track, a small little light short wheelbase bike like that!
That's a good point. I don't remember him having a hard time keeping the front wheel down. Really couldn't see the races very well, The "track" really was a walking path or maybe a bicycle path, and since all the drunks were trying to see better, crowding in on the edge of the track, from behind the riders, there was only about 50 feet before the crowd closed in the middle of the track, the drag racers launched right toward the crowd and everybody fell back at the last second, usually. More than a few crashed into the crowd, it was mayhem.

In finding that picture, I read that the bike was a very successful flat track racer, the one I remember didn't seem that short. it was the national championships motorcycle drag racing weekend, I suppose it wasn't surprising to have a few special purpose bikes around.

I remember it looking like a seriously prepared drag racer, metal disc in the spokes looked right at home, I really don't remember it having wheelie bars, maybe I wouldn't have noticed a stretched frame. It was almost 40 years ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.