Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 1200XL custom with a neutral light that works only when it is cold. Once motor has warmed up the light no longer works until it is allowed to cool. Anybody else had tis problem. I'm thinking its a bad neutra position switch but no sure. Thanks

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
Unplug the switch and jump the 2 terminals in the connector. If the light works that way when the engine is warm I would suspect the switch is faulty.

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
Is that switch still located behind the front sprocket cover on the Sportys ???
That would make it a bit more difficult to test.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Yes, most inconvenient place. That's why I've left mine alone. Rode for 20 years without a neutral light, guess I can live without it, until I need to get in there for something important.

·
Vapor Locked
70 Posts
I have a 2009 1200XL custom with a neutral light that works only when it is cold. Once motor has warmed up the light no longer works until it is allowed to cool. Anybody else had tis problem. I'm thinking its a bad neutra position switch but no sure. Thanks
Anybody figure this one out? I have a 2011 XL1200C with the same problem. It works when it's cold and stops when it's hot.

Thanks Grampa Kracker

·
Vapor Locked
70 Posts
Looks like I'm going to replace the switch when I replace the drive belt. No hurry, I have used a bike for years without a neutral light.

Thanks
Grampa Kracker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts