Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new and hope that I am posting in the correct place.....
My 2011 Street glide leaks a oil substance when riding I notice on the right side bag and on bag guards I sometimes notice on the motor under the breather. I have a K&n filter and have not cleaned and oiled it since I purchased the bike 5500 miles ago. I have checked the filter and it does not seem to have to much oil on it. Oil level on the jiffy stand is middle of dip stick.
What could it be?
:bikerguy:

·
Banned
71 Posts
I am new and hope that I am posting in the correct place.....
My 2011 Street glide leaks a oil substance when riding I notice on the right side bag and on bag guards I sometimes notice on the motor under the breather. I have a K&n filter and have not cleaned and oiled it since I purchased the bike 5500 miles ago. I have checked the filter and it does not seem to have to much oil on it. Oil level on the jiffy stand is middle of dip stick.
What could it be?
:bikerguy:
Clean the filter and backing plate . It is normal, oil comes from the heads vent as a fine mist and collects on the breather . :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
This has always been an issue with the twin cam motors. The oil doesn't drain from the rocker box area quick enough so a small amount mists and finds its' way to the breather hoses. When I had the 95" kit installed, the mechanic went ahead and drilled the drain ports a little larger...problem solved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts