Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I love my Dyna Low Rider. The other day I took home a 2009 Road King from a friend who wanted to sell and I have a neighbor who was interested in buying. So, get the bike home and he test rides it and so does my son-in-law. We park it and when I get ready to ride to the store and put it away in the garage, it would not start. Tried everything. Kill Switch okay, gas in the tank, etc., etc. The motor would turn over and but no start. I took the air cleaner off and sprayed starter fluid in the throat and it started and died. I figured the fuel pump went south. I called my friend and he said no problem he would call the dealer to come and pick it up. Now what was the prognosis everyone wants to know and share with others. The bike is fuel injected. The gas cap gasket was bad. Dealer cleaned the fuel filter and put a new gasket or cap on and voila everything as it should be. So when our friends talk about bike not starting. Maybe its the gasket.

·
Banned
71 Posts
First I love my Dyna Low Rider. The other day I took home a 2009 Road King from a friend who wanted to sell and I have a neighbor who was interested in buying. So, get the bike home and he test rides it and so does my son-in-law. We park it and when I get ready to ride to the store and put it away in the garage, it would not start. Tried everything. Kill Switch okay, gas in the tank, etc., etc. The motor would turn over and but no start. I took the air cleaner off and sprayed starter fluid in the throat and it started and died. I figured the fuel pump went south. I called my friend and he said no problem he would call the dealer to come and pick it up. Now what was the prognosis everyone wants to know and share with others. The bike is fuel injected. The gas cap gasket was bad. Dealer cleaned the fuel filter and put a new gasket or cap on and voila everything as it should be. So when our friends talk about bike not starting. Maybe its the gasket.
Vacuum in the tank..who'd a thunk it . :dunno

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Vacuum in the tank..who'd a thunk it . :dunno
Now I know why the gas cap clicks once when you tighten it all the way...just like FI cars.

I'll be damned! (The NightTrain I bought is my first fuel injected bike, by the way.)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
see get a carbed bike hahahahahahaha i hate injected every thing. except when rock climbing in the jeep (witch i dont have any more)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
A couple of years ago a buddy of mine pulled his EG into the garage after riding for about an hour. Twenty minutes later it wouldn't start. Cranked but wouldn't fire, plenty of gas. Tried some starting either spray. It would run as long as we sprayed into the throttle body. It was a hot day and the garage was hot. I remember the days of 'vapor lock' on the old cars so I suggested that he pull the quick disconnect off. Had no idea if my idea had merit but figured 'what the heck, can't hurt'.

Surprise, we reconnected it and the bike fired right up. :cheers

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
That's messed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts