Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm a Harley lover from South Africa, currently living in Cape Town. I've actually been a member of the forums since last year, just never posted. Always reading though. I ride a 2004 XL1200C, Anniversary Edition.

The day after I got my bike I took a road trip from Cape Town to Durban along the coast and back again inland. It was also my first time on a Harley.

I guess the reason I'm here is to learn as much as possible. Being a South African, anything Harley related is very hard to come by. Most people cant mod or provide any useful advice and any parts can only be afforded by the super rich (which I'm not).

So I'm hoping for any help in procuring custom parts and learning as much as I can about DIY mods and repairs. You'll be surprised about how little I actually know, but hey, we all had to start somewhere.

So far I havent done anything to the bike. Only Plastidipped her in matte black, mainly to protect the Anniversary paint job from the harsh African sun, secondly because it actually looks badass.

I will post some pics when I get a chance to take some nice ones.
Damn, longest intro I ever wrote.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania, How much is the toll on the bridge from Florida to Capetown? If it's not too much I might ride out there some day Lol :)

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Welcome from NY. I ride a Superlow 1200T. Love my Sportster. Too bad snow has kept me off it for the last two months.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire. Nice intro..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Welcome from Waco, TX.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
las drogas son malas
3,248 Posts
Welcome! LOVE Capetown! I traveled the world for 9 years (touring with bands) and of all the places I found myself, Capetown topped them all. Would love to go back some day.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts