Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a ride from Tulsa, OK across Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, and back across Missouri. We obviously enjoy scenic rides but also historic sites, unusal items of history, good night life, and such. Can any of you suggest "must see" places we should include? Any neighboring state could also be considered. Thanks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mammoth Caves National Park is in Kentucky, along with the Corvette plant and museum in Bowling Green.

Tennessee, you gotta ride the Dragon's Tail @ Deal's Gap.

Eureka Springs, AR is a nice little town, very motorcycle friendly.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
In KY (south of Lexington) is Cumberland Falls State Park. It's beautiful there and the roads are wonderful (be careful at night tho - not sure if it's still the case but when I went through there, the coal trucks were very dangerous at night).

·
Registered
87 Posts
I also forgot to mention Pea Ridge Battlefield on Hwy. 62. It is several miles west of Eureka Springs.

A little bit of Civil War history.

http://www.nps.gov/peri/

If you go through the Nashville, TN area, you need to go by President Andrew Jackson's place, Hermitage.

If you are around Lynchburg, TN, there is the Jack Daniels Distillery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dunno why when I looked in here I thought I'd see a thread about the southeastern US...did I tell y'all I went to UCLA...yep, Upper Corner of Lower Alabama :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you head to the Middle Tennessee area.....or Lynchburg, TN area....give me a shout out, I'll meet you for a ride or two if time permits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the "Tail of the Dragon" is going to be a must! I checked out some photos on the web and it looks awesome! Come on warm weather!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Eric, you have a great ride planned! Don't have much to add to the preceding, but two quick ideas... take Hwy 160 across the bottom of Missouri on your return. Sweet. Also, you won't be far from where the Ohio River meets the Mississippi at the bottom of Illinois. Go to Cairo and ride to the park at the bottom of the state. Pretty cool standing on the southernmost ten feet of Illinois with the Missippi on the right, the Ohio on the left, and they're merging right in front of you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts