Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put some strange things in the bike, but this one takes the cake. My OL wants to make home made spagetti sauce and have me take it with me when I head to my daughter's house this weekend. I think the best way to handle that is take out the liner, wrap the lids in duct tape and stuff it with towels.. hope the crap doesn't break and stain the inside of my saddle bag.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Large Zip-loc freezer bags are your friend.Put yer sauce in one and freeze the sucker. Freeze'em flat, Won't leak no where.

Ps. Been there done that....

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Large Zip-loc freezer bags are your friend.Put yer sauce in one and freeze the sucker. Freeze'em flat, Won't leak no where.

Ps. Been there done that....
That is gold... :thanks

·
Registered
10,385 Posts
+ 1 on gallon size zip loc bags. I use them when I make a large pot of chili or my homemade vegetable beef soup and I want to share the chili or soup with friends and not keep up with getting a container back. And I always double zip loc bag it. And unless your trip is going to be a long one there is no need to freeze it. Fill the gallon bag & seal, then put the full one in another zip loc bag just in case the first one develops a leak.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna be on the super slab for about 3 hours, so I'm more concerned with vibration. Its supposed to rain, which will take more.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
+ 1 on gallon size zip loc bags. I use them when I make a large pot of chili or my homemade vegetable beef soup and I want to share the chili or soup with friends and not keep up with getting a container back. And I always double zip loc bag it. And unless your trip is going to be a long one there is no need to freeze it. Fill the gallon bag & seal, then put the full one in another zip loc bag just in case the first one develops a leak.
Yup. First bag's zipper has to go to the bottom of the protective bag.

·
Banned
447 Posts
FREEZER bags! These are double walled. Freeze the first one and then slip into a second. Make sure the "blue & yellow make green" on the seal. It's easy to get these bags partially sealed. I wouldn't be adverse to sticking the two bags into a garbage bag, rolling it up and then duct tape it into a roll. Hard to imagine anything much more ick than spilled spaghetti sauce inside a saddle bag.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
that is what UPS is for, just sayin

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
that is what UPS is for, just sayin
And give up a reason to ride??????

Why not pour it into a good heavy juice bottle. Something like hawaiian punch that has a good threaded cap. And freeze it. Then take out the liners and put it in the bag with some towels or even pack it in some ice..... hard bags are nice, pack full of beer and ice and you have a good day of riding. Just saying.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
heck no,I would still ride down, just sans the sauce

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
Holy moly Gentlemen, it's spaghetti sauce not plutonium.

Unless your bags are lined with white leather, put the sauce in a jar or bag, put the jar or bag in a jewel bag and tie it shut and ride.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Harley Rider
10,489 Posts
Holy moly Gentlemen, it's spaghetti sauce not plutonium.

Unless your bags are lined with white leather, put the sauce in a jar or bag, put the jar or bag in a jewel bag and tie it shut and ride.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
If it were bacon you would be more careful with it.:drool

1 - 20 of 22 Posts