Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to harleys I have an 02 electra glide with a tc 88 and with stage 1 when I checked the plugs the rear one is a lot blacker than the front.I switched them around and with the rear plug up front it cleaned up and the front one went black.I also just changed the tensioner's and installed a andrew's TW37 cam. So my question is that normal to have the rear running a little richer or what should I look at

·
Banned
71 Posts
new to harleys I have an 02 electra glide with a tc 88 and with stage 1 when I checked the plugs the rear one is a lot blacker than the front.I switched them around and with the rear plug up front it cleaned up and the front one went black.I also just changed the tensioner's and installed a andrew's TW37 cam. So my question is that normal to have the rear running a little richer or what should I look at
I don't know why, but everyone of the reports I've looked at show the rear cylinder running a tad richer than the front one .

·
Registered
42,143 Posts
Carb or FI?

·
Registered
42,143 Posts
Take off the air cleaner, and make sure that the accelerator pump isn't squirting fuel more towards the rear intake vs the front when you twist the throttle.

Should be just like this with the fuel stream hitting the needle:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
2 cylinders firing in 720 degrees of crankshaft rotation, with the f/hole carrying 415 and the r/hole at 305.
Rear cyl always seem to be a tick darker, maybe a very light tan.
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts