Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike sparked today when starting seem to come from under the seat. It started @ first, went for a ride turned it off went to start it again all lights came on and when I hit the start button it sparked again and everthing went dead like the battery cable was unpluged and could not even get the lights to come on. So I started pushing it left the key on and the lights came back on tried to start it again same thing, pushed some more lights came on and this time it fired right up.When I got home I couldnt fine anything other than the battery cable(hot side) nut looked like it had been arcing so I checked to see if it was loose and it was a little but nothing to be concerned about so I tightened it up and tried starting it again and no spark no matter how many times I tried and it started right up. Anyone every have this happen or could shine some light????

·
Registered
14 Posts
My bike sparked today when starting seem to come from under the seat. It started @ first, went for a ride turned it off went to start it again all lights came on and when I hit the start button it sparked again and everthing went dead like the battery cable was unpluged and could not even get the lights to come on. So I started pushing it left the key on and the lights came back on tried to start it again same thing, pushed some more lights came on and this time it fired right up.When I got home I couldnt fine anything other than the battery cable(hot side) nut looked like it had been arcing so I checked to see if it was loose and it was a little but nothing to be concerned about so I tightened it up and tried starting it again and no spark no matter how many times I tried and it started right up. Anyone every have this happen or could shine some light????

Check the entire cable length for a split, slice or something. Also it could be your ground cable, they have a tendency to rattle loose and you will hit the start and bang...nothing.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
When I got home I couldnt fine anything other than the battery cable(hot side) nut looked like it had been arcing so I checked to see if it was loose and it was a little but nothing to be concerned about so I tightened it up and tried starting it again and no spark no matter how many times I tried and it started right up. Anyone every have this happen or could shine some light????
A little in the world of batteries can be a lot in the world of electricity. You probably fixed it when you tightened it down.

Keep an eye on it. Had one "blow up" on a guy once on a ride. aHe wasn't hurt, but it could have been disasterous.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the advice. Was just wondering if it may have been something more serious??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts