Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I dont know
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have surfed a few sites looking for information on installing speakers in my lowers. I don't use the glove boxes and like the look of the color matched speaker pods better than the glove boxes.

Im not changing the 4 oem speakers, they sound fine to me.

HD sells lower speakers p/n 76000487, but I don't see any mention of an amp to power them.

Has anyone with a 2014+ gone from a 4 to 6 speaker setup without going to an all aftermarket system?

·
I dont know
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After more searching it looks as if a 6 speaker setup is not an option on 2014+ models.

My second choice was painted glove boxes, but even the 2015 CVO SG has the same boxes as my Ultra.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts

·
I dont know
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looked at those but there is no amp so Im wondering what I would gain from having them.

Its about 6 bills for the speakers and boxes + whatever the dealer charges for the reflash.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
looked at those but there is no amp so Im wondering what I would gain from having them.

Its about 6 bills for the speakers and boxes + whatever the dealer charges for the reflash.
There's nothing special about an amplifier. Any amp that allows for speaker level input would work. You'd probably want a D class to minimize power consumption.

If you are stuck on using a MC specific amp, Hogtunes and Hog Wired make them that work fine with 2014 and up.

·
I dont know
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally figured this out.

$600 for the saddlebag mounted amp, $279 for the speakers boxes, another $279 for the speakers = $1200 to add two boom audio speakers to the lowers.

For $600 I can have a set of ceramic coated headers and dual exhaust on my 64 F100.

Guess what Im getting for xmas?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
. . . $1200 to add two boom audio speakers to the lowers. . . .

You could bet better performance than the Boom rig for half that money.

·
I dont know
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could bet better performance than the Boom rig for half that money.
Ok, $279 for the speaker boxes from Harley, unless someone else makes color matched speaker boxes for less.

Where am I going to get a 4ch amp, wiring, and 2 ohm speakers for the other $321?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts