Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..is there anyone out there that can tell me where I can disconect the the speedo on a 2008 softail custom..the reason being that it is not very well calibrated so i wish to run on the speedo on the sat nav which is dead right. with a the speed cameras about over here it is a close thing on the speed limits. thanks for your help...regards mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks for that do you know if this will effect the alarm, i.e. will it still work,,or is there just a plug to pull apart that sends the speed and miles to the clock...cheers mike

·
Registered
40,743 Posts
Has your speedo always been reading off? I'm just wondering if maybe you got one that was calibrated for KPH by mistake. If it is running the right calibration file, there is an external unit that can be installed to calibrate the speedo.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....tegory_id=115/home_id=60/mode=prod/prd238.htm

I believe that unplugging the speedo on an alarm equipped bike will disable the bike. Also, the odometer miles is stored on the speedo itself, not stored elsewhere on the bike and sent to the odometer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
"....is there just a plug to pull apart that sends the speed and miles to the clock...cheers mike[/QUOTE]

Mike, only way, I think, would be to unplug the VSS, vehicle speed sensor, on my bike, anyway('03fxstdi). But that would also disable the self-cancelling feature of the turn signals and, on my bike, anyway, it would not want to idle properly, either. (I didn't unplug mine...the wires to the plug from the VSS chafed through and it "unplugged" itself)
Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob...

Thanks For The Reply...will Have A Look When The Weather Improves Over Here...

Happy Xmas To You And Your Family..regards Potts

·
Registered
89 Posts
"Thanks For The Reply...will Have A Look When The Weather Improves Over Here...

Happy Xmas To You And Your Family..regards Potts"

No sweat, Potts. Thanks for the Xmas wishes and the same to you and yours.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts