Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Electra Glide 1994 with just miles on the speedometer, Wonder how I can change the scale to KM that I knead when I bring it to Sweden.

Thanks Robert Land O Lakes FL :USA:

·
Registered
40,782 Posts
Yup, get a KPH speedo, then you may have to get the ECM programmed to output a KPH signal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can also buy the Kuryakyn digital speedo. You will then have the option of having it display either....the downside of course is that that little puppy is expensive! This I know from experience...I own one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 95 tour Classic was made for export to a dealer in Saudi Arabia and only registers in kilos .I use the 5/8ths rule. 100 kilos is 62MPH so on an american spedo 62 mph is 100 kilos. I believe on your spedo you multiply the speed by 8 and devide by 5. 50mph is 80 kilos ,40mph is 64 kilos etc. It takes a while to get used to but could sav you a lot of expense converting to another spedo.As a matter of fact, do the figures of what equals what and make a small chart and put inside your fairing just for the trip.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just thought of the cheapest way to solve the problem. Take a good closeup pic of the spedometer in your car or truck and put it next to your spedo. All modern spedos have both kilos and mph on them . When tthe trip is over, toss it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts