Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured it was an easy enough fix....NOT

Speedo PN# 67410-99A (seller claims will work with my bike) and "adapter cable" purchased from Drag Specialties PN# 2120-0250.

Got all parts in place - plugged in as per instructions and.......same issue. Turn on ignition and no speedo, turn signals, etc.
The lights all work, but there seems to be an electronic "pulsing" of some sort- then lights dim and I hear a circuit breaker (rear fender) click- then cycle starts again. Bike starts and runs fine otherwise. Just no speedo and turn signals working.

I even went to HD today and got the speedo sensor PN# 74437-96B figuring heck- THAT is the only part left it could be??? WRONG AGAIN! Installed both ends (wanted to check before removing tanks etc....) good thing I did- Still not it.

I am probably being stubborn (stupid) and could have simply got an aftermarket speedo that would plug right in and work as intended....but I have too much money thrown out already towards my want of the OEM speedo in my 17yr old bike....

Anyone know what else this could be?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
If you have no speedometer AND no turn signals, then it's almost certain you have an electrical problem, not the speedometer bad. Check all the wiring. You'll most likely fine your problem.

·
Registered
36,995 Posts
Don't even know what kind of bike you're talking about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts