Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 750 with a little over a 1000 miles on it. I was riding over the weekend and my speedometer when from 50 to zero and then the check engine light came on after. This happened a couple of times. Has anyone every experience this problem with a Street and if so, what was the issue & cost with repair? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection. Check all wiring to the speedometer area. Also check the ground connections., make sure battery cables are tight at both ends. That's a few places to start looking. Do you have the FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL?
If not get one and check over the wiring diagrams.

·
Retired citizen
23,188 Posts
Does the speedo go through the normal "sweep" when the ignition is turned on ? Any speedo engine light to indicate stored codes ?

·
Asylum Inmate
11,654 Posts
If you happened to be riding in the rain or had just washed it. It's a failure of the speedometer seals

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I had this happen to my 03 RK and it was the Speed sensor. Took it out, cleaned it off. ok for a day till it got hot and then it failed again. Changed it out 3000 miles ago, all good now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 750 with a little over a 1000 miles on it. I was riding over the weekend and my speedometer when from 50 to zero and then the check engine light came on after. This happened a couple of times. Has anyone every experience this problem with a Street and if so, what was the issue & cost with repair? Thanks!
So I know this was a while ago, and this may be a dead thread but I just had this exact same problem happen on my xg 500. Any chance you have any advice on what it ended up being?

·
Retired citizen
23,188 Posts
So I know this was a while ago, and this may be a dead thread but I just had this exact same problem happen on my xg 500. Any chance you have any advice on what it ended up being?
Did you happen to check for stored codes ? Did you run the speedo diagnostics yet, sweep test etc. ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just remembered my vance and hines fuel pack allowes me to read error codes. Turns out the speed sensor is bad. Now I have to find some place that I can get one. Everyone says they are back ordered till November. Fml.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts