Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the windshield on my electra glide and I'm not sure if I want to go with a spoiler windshield or a straight windshield. Any opinions or comments?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I have the 11.5" klockwerks on my EGC. It moves the air around me really well and does seem to stabilize the front end a little better than the stock. Plus it just looks cooler.

I'm not a fan of the stubbies. I rode a bike I was considering buying that had one. There may as well have been no shield at all on it. But, I am fairly tall.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
1911 & HD tainted
128 Posts
On my 2008 Ultra I now have a 8" tinted Freedom Shield with what I think you call a spoiler and like it much more than my stock windshield. When riding I can put my hand flat on my forehead and as I move it up I do not feel any wind force until I am about 3" or so above my head. I have to wear goggles on my Sportster or I cannot see because of the wind, but not a problem on my Ultra with the Freedom Shield. I guess I am average size, 5'10" with a 32" or so inseam which I was asked when I ordered.

Harley Davidson Motorcycle Windshields

In the past John with Freedom Shield says they will even let you test their windshield. From what I remember, do not remove the protective covering from the windshield when you mount, try it for a few miles and if not happy return it. Not sure if true, I was happy with my 8", can see over adequately and it keeps the wind out of my face so never asked about a return.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I bought a Cee Devil recurve shield from Cee Bailey. I'm pretty much happy with it, I went with an 8" shield and that may be a tad too tall for me.

I say that 'cause when we go two up it the bike squats just enough that I end up looking through the shield instead of over it, solo it's just fine.

I got the bronze color and wish I'd got clear, can't see crap through it at night.

As for the recurve it does an outstanding job of directing air up over my head.

I went with Cee Baily 'cause this bronze one was only $50 or so, about the cheapest recurve on the market and yet a real quality shield. I wish it were just SLIGHTLY shorter.

·
Old Fart
1,367 Posts
I have a short Klock Werks spoiler type windshield on my Street Glide. I still get wind because it's a short one, but not near as much as the stock shield.
I think spoiler type shields are much better.

·
1911 & HD tainted
128 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a Klock Werks also. 8.5" I think. I'm 6 feet tall and I get just slight wind on the top of my head and have no issues seeing over the top solo or two-up. I'm a fan of the stock SG windshield but for multi day rides I put the KW on just because it moves wind around me better.

·
Registered
73 Posts
8.5 inch Long Ride Shield recurve with light smoke tint on my electra glide standard. I am 5'10" average torso height. I love it. You can't beat the LRS pricing and customer service. I have never had a straight shield on the bike, but there was a street glide style shorty on it when I got it, it was useless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts