Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried a rag on a stick. I've tried a cone-shaped brush. I've tried a toothbrush. I've skinned the backs of my hands. I've tried searching the forum. I've run out of ideas.

What do y'all use to clean the hubs on spoked wheels?

Especially the rear one when there's a great big disk in the way on one side and an equally big belt pulley (with sharp edges) on the other!

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
I'm sure this will not help you out, but on my RKC, I stopped worrying about the rear hub because it is covered by my saddlebags. I just try to keep the rim as clean as possible but after a few cuts and scrapes and choice words, I don't try to get the hub anymore since it is hidden. Now my front, I still bust my knuckles each time. I do not have a effective solution yet either.

·
Guitarslinger
3,316 Posts
yea I don't worry to much about the rear rim either. I would hate having spokers on the rear with all the trouble I have with my front spoke wheel. Some of the spokes look like crap from rust.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I pay a detailer $85 once a month. Tip him another $10 'cuz he does a great job. Rest of the time I leave the rear alone and just wipe the front.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
J&P Cycle sells "NEWSPOKE" spoke wheel cleaner .............this sh*ts suppose to be the cat's meow for cleaning chrome spoke wheels

·
Banned
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
J&P Cycle sells "NEWSPOKE" spoke wheel cleaner .............this sh*ts suppose to be the cat's meow for cleaning chrome spoke wheels
Googled this and it looks like it could be the answer (no, 42 is the answer to a different question :)) - 'cept it doesn't seem to be available over here. Curses!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts