Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first Harley experience - my very first CRUISER experience - was about a year ago when I rented the cheapest bike I could find (Street 500) to go ride the Vegas desert. I saw the Valley of Fire and cruised along the top of Hoover Dam. It was an amazing ride, but the street 500 was not very impressive. Small. Very small. And not very powerful. BUT it was cheap and gave great mileage! Regardless, I enjoyed the ride tremendously - but needless to say it was not the best "first Harley" experience I expected.

When I returned the rented bike to the dealership, I walked through the Vegas Harley showroom..... and then I saw it. Black and chrome, low and sexy as all get out. And that BACK TIRE! I was in awe. Then it got worse. I SAT on it. It fit my 6' 2" frame like a glove.

Ever since then I've been wanting to test ride one. I joined this site to read and learn.... I wanted to know if it was as good as it looked.

And it finally happened. A local dealership in West Lebanon, NH invited me to come ride the bike. This is it! And this is what I thought of the 2019 Harley Breakout.

·
Registered
43,153 Posts
They look like that have more space... they look comfy. Better for longer rides?
Hmm, probably not for longer rides. I found it a funner bike to ride though from my test ride.

I have a NightTrain which was the precursor to the Breakout.

Better for longer rides would be something with mid controls and the addition of highway pegs, to allow you to change foot positions to relieve fatigue. Something like a LowRider/S, Street Bob etc...

Reactions: slingshot383

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, probably not for longer rides. I found it a funner bike to ride though from my test ride.

I have a NightTrain which was the precursor to the Breakout.

Better for longer rides would be something with mid controls and the addition of highway pegs, to allow you to change foot positions to relieve fatigue. Something like a LowRider/S, Street Bob etc...
I prefer this look. Low and mean. So cool.

·
Registered
43,153 Posts
I prefer this look. Low and mean. So cool.
Take a bunch of FREE test rides before you make your decision!

They usually do a Demo Day when they release a new model year.

I think I rode every bike they had last one I went to.

·
Super Moderator
5,214 Posts
Rode to the Bardstown Ky collision from North East Virginia on my Break Out, comfy enough, just wish it didn't down pour lol.

Reactions: sstressfl

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
3,346 Posts
The good thing about Harleys is that, almost all of their models can be made to be comfortable for longer rides. Though the touring bikes and anything naturally designed for distance has the less "sporty" FL front-end, and can generally be smoother in various circumstances, go with what you like and overall comfort and you can add to it to make it more comfortable for distance.

Try a few, find one you really like if you're not already committed to one, then customize it to your needs.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts