Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo. I have SPORTY 883 conv. to 1220 (OEM HEADS - inv. dome pistons).
I can buy S&S SUPER G for a good money.
What do you think - will it be good for my bike?
This is big carb - will it work?

·
Just Ride
3,847 Posts
No. Too big.

·
Retired citizen
24,354 Posts
IMO, stick with the CVO carb. Big enough for 1220cc. CVOs work well on 100 ci engines.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hallo again.
Ive bought S&S super E carb. Its fine for 1200.
Now Im trying to find best jets for my SPORTSTER .
What sizes I must buy? Main jet and pilot jet.

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
I can't remember what size was in the sporty I had with a super e, but sizes will vary depending on other mods.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Hmmm, 2 guys (one being SCHMIDTYS who has forgotten more about Harleys than I will ever know) told you not to do it, but you did it anyway and now you want to know which jets? Good luck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes because - I've bought super shorty E model - not super G. Before we were talking about super G model. I don't understand your reaction.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And one more thing - I'm only testing. No problem for me to come back to CV carb if it doesn't work. I'm only trying to find help with jetting. Sorry....

·
Just Ride
3,847 Posts
The E is more suitable for your bike. Contact S&S, they'll point you in the right direction. Was the carb bought new for your bike?

·
Retired citizen
24,354 Posts
I would use the jet recommendations posted at the S&S website for a Super E 1200 Sporty setup. That should get ya real close to what ya need.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hallo friends.
After many many many "adventures" with different kinds of carbs (Keihins, Mikuni HS 42 and 40) I proudly announce that I've finally found good carb to my 1987 Sportster. It's S&S E type Shorty (jets : pilot 0,295 - main 0,70) It works perfect. I don't know if it's economic (it matters to me - in Europe gas prices start from 5 $ per gallon) but I'll check it when weather gets better. Perfect combination between CV and Mikuni. Nice sound and powerful bike.
I recommend

·
South GA *******
3,898 Posts
Glad you got her dialed in. I was happy with the super e I had on my sporty. It was just real hard to tune it on the lower end. Those things are made to be run wide open.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts