Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 XL1200V and installed the V&H Straight Shots ($250 for the mufflers which I installed), Screamin Eagle stage 1 air cleaner kit with HD stage 1 remap done by the dealer ($350).

Of course the bike sounds 10x better than with the stock exhaust. Based on what I can feel there has been a slight improvement in power with the new intake and a significant improvement in throttle response with the remap (also a reduction in popping after installing the pipes prior to the remap).

I'm not sure if the improved throttle response is due to having a lousy initial set-up or if the air filter and remap typically provide that type of improvement in general.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Those 3 upgrades will make a nice difference in throttle response and HP. It will also reduce your MPG a little and with that peanut tank you better carry a bottle of gas with you. :) Just a little joke

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those 3 upgrades will make a nice difference in throttle response and HP. It will also reduce your MPG a little and with that peanut tank you better carry a bottle of gas with you. :) Just a little joke
I have your cellphone number, I'm not worried :).

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Sportster 72 after installation of the Vance & Hines Straight Shot mufflers and Screamin Eagle Intake:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Betcha that thing sounds awesome!
I'm really pleased with the sound of the V&H Straight Shots and in my opinion they don't disrupt the overall style/look of the bike. On the other hand I don't think they would compliment a Superlow versus the Big Radius pipes on Gusa's bike. Those pipes enhance that bike but would detract from the styling of a 72.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
I'm really pleased with the sound of the V&H Straight Shots and in my opinion they don't disrupt the overall style/look of the bike. On the other hand I don't think they would compliment a Superlow versus the Big Radius pipes on Gusa's bike. Those pipes enhance that bike but would detract from the styling of a 72.
If I didn't want the bags and windshield I would have bought that exact bike you have Paul HD72... you gotta like the style of your bike. That being said, I wouldn't turn down any Sportster.... like them all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts