Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a trike kit with reverse on my 2005 883 custom. Alignment problem so I removed the reverse motor but left the cable connected between the dedicated battery + terminal and the bike battery + terminal. Couple days later I removed that cable and the next day the bike battery failed so I hooked the cable back up and rode the bike. Got codes P0107, U1097, and P1354. Installed new battery, pulled all fuses to check. All OK. Master fuse OK. Yesterday I disconnected the cable again, cleared the codes, and then the bike would only run for 20 seconds. Now it won't start at all and I am showing Codes P0371 and P0372. What did I do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am replacing the crank position sensor and the MAP sensor. Do I need to do anything else before I try to start it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replaced the crank position sensor, cleaned the plugs, removed some excess oil from crankcase. Still wouldn't start. Pulled the maxi fuse, disconnected the harness from the ECU, plugged them back in and Bingo! The damn thing fired right up. Took a ride, no check engine light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts