Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Want to put full size bags and fender on my 2000 sportster 1200 custom. Baggster.net offers the full kit but cost out the ass (10k). I know a dyna rear fender will fit, but has anyone else done this without big problems. I love the bagger look but I'm going to work with what I have, can't get a touring bike yet. 16" bars going on this weekend. I'm 6'3" by the way and don't like looking like a praying mantis going down the road. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want a bagger it would be cheaper to buy a Bagger and go from their you'll have a ton of time and Money into your bike and it wont bring back any of your investment .
I've been finding parts, so far I'm at about $1200 for parts. I'm not worried about the return, I've traded up for the bike at about $2k invested so far. I'm looking at spending $1500 max on playing with it. . It's a solid bike, but it doesn't suit my style yet. If I sell it for what I'll have in it it'll still be at market value around here. I'm not killing myself on overpriced aftermarket stuff.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,649 Posts
Good luck on what ever you decide to do if you have the time and Resources and Some one to paint your new skins cheap you can save some . Good luck again

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand the that some people would stay away from ebay and Amazon stuff. But as a single father of three I get what I can afford. And I generally do my own paint and body work. We'll see how everything turns out. My question is still unanswered though about fitting the dyna rear bagger kit on the sportster.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,649 Posts
Be patient Rome wasn't built in a day and we don't have a ton of early risers around here that Might have done what your asking Patience grass hopper Patience . Some times you might have to wait a couple of days for the right guy to show up that Has done something like you are Asking .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks big john
Be patient Rome wasn't built in a day and we don't have a ton of early risers around here that Might have done what your asking Patience grass hopper Patience . Some times you might have to wait a couple of days for the right guy to show up that Has done something like you are Asking .

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I understand the that some people would stay away from ebay and Amazon stuff. But as a single father of three I get what I can afford. And I generally do my own paint and body work. We'll see how everything turns out. My question is still unanswered though about fitting the dyna rear bagger kit on the sportster.

About 60% of things i bought for my scooter came off e-bay. Ain't never been screwed.

As for your question, ain't never seen anyone build anything like that on here. And i been around a while. Seen Dyna tanks put on, different bags and so on. But nothing like your talking about. It may be sumthin new. Thats why i said post pics, i'm sure a lot of guys would be interested to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the delivery confirmation at lunch today that my line and cable kit came in! Got off work at 7 and brought the package inside. Giddy as a school boy opening my package and then this.....
I want to know who the hell needs shop manuals for a 75-91 stand up jet-ski...4 of them.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Got the delivery confirmation at lunch today that my line and cable kit came in! Got off work at 7 and brought the package inside. Giddy as a school boy opening my package and then this.....
I want to know who the hell needs shop manuals for a 75-91 stand up jet-ski...4 of them.

That is not a factory repair manual for a Harley Davidson......

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then again Ive been wanting a t top iroc camaro, my mullet could use some work. I'd love to have it flapping in the wind as I cruise across the lake on my stand up jetski... As soon as I review the repair process in quadruplicate. I can rebuild the carb, the engine, the jet drive, and rewire it all at once!

·
Poser Member # 99
17,649 Posts
If your going to Buy a repair manual for the Harley Don't waste your money or time on any thing less then a Harley Davidson service manual. Also Buy a parts Manual too when you can afford it has exploded views on how things come apart and go together. Plus the correct part numbers for your Bike your ordering parts off Ebay Ask me How I know .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm ordering the batwing and a few other things this week. Just got the issue with the ape hanger cable kit resolved and more sent out.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
I'm ordering the batwing and a few other things this week. Just got the issue with the ape hanger cable kit resolved and more sent out.

What size apes did you go with? I went with 12'' mini apes. But then added 4'' risors to make'um 16''.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts