Did you buy or fab the brackets?

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Did you buy or fab the brackets?

Purchased from Amazon. Flh conversion brackets. They're only available for 04 and up. I have to fab up a bracket for the lower front mount on both sides.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Is that lower front mount connected to the swing arm?

May I introduce the rear engine mount adapter bracket for 2003 and down Sportsters to use 04 and up flh saddlebag conversion brackets!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Final shot of the sportster! Didn't want to let it go but my buddy had a wreck last year and wanted a easier ride. We swapped out even. Time to spend more money!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
looks like some pretty good swappin for a guy that wanted a touring bike in the first place!:banana
He's got a bum knee now and the roadie has been sitting. He can't move it around anymore. It's a strong bike, but from 0-100 the 1200 will get it. I love the ride though. Being 6'4" I could use the floorboards a little further forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious... I’ve been customizing my 2008 Nightster for years, and I’ve been looking for the “mini-bagger” look kit. I was wondering if you were successful in your build or not??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, I basically arrived at the same conclusion. A few years ago I figured out a way to put hard-side bags on my 1997 Sportster with flat stock. I'll upload the photoshopped idea I had. Basically, you run a piece of flat stock parallel to the fender strut. It catches the shock bolt, then the middle and last holes in the fender strut

Then I just bought a $50 detachable saddle bag kit on Amazon. two numbs stick off of the rail, and the box the nubs fit into get bolted onto the bags. Pretty easy.

The best things is I bought an extra kit and used it to make an electric bass carrier ;-)
bike-rails.jpg IMG_0890.JPG

·
Registered
39,457 Posts
What you're calling the swingarm, is actually called the fender strut.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts