Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2007 Sportster 1200 Classic, 13k miles, bike ran good but developed a miss at a steady speed, around mid throttle range. Bike not riden much over the past year. Changed plugs, plug wires, air filter. Air filter had light black grease on the inside and air intake was a little greasy. Seemed to get a little worse after the work. Plenty of power, seems to idle to low.. Long time rider, but new to Harley Bikes, ideas???

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
A little oil misting in the air can is normal
did the 07s get fuel injection or was that 08

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
07s are fuel injected.
OK then check the injector wires for broken wire inside the insulation
and/or connectors wires to pins/plugs. Good sign to look for is rather straight or tight connection from where the two leads leave the chassis to the injectors on top of the module. remember the engine moves around, the chassis dosn't hence possibly broken wirezzzz

(OK thats what happened to my Ultra I havnt a clue which way they run sportster injector leads.)

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Faulty Flux Capacitor. :D

I'd check with what Vlade said, although, I would expect that to set a code. I'd check it anyway....

I'd also be looking at contaminated fuel.

Is it FI or carbed?

If carbed, it could be related to the Needle jet or the diaphram for the slide.

Check your coil Ohms as well.

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3168

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

FI started in 07, Thank everyone, I'm going to check all of this today and will let you know.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
You might a;so want to post this Q at www.xlforum.net, and see what they say, or use their search engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bike still cuts out

Ok guys, I changed the plugs, both were nice and clean with white dust, plug wires, drained and cleaned tank (not dirty) checked all connections to fuel injectors. Coil tested good, put back togeather and still cuts out.

Guess I need new glasses, found some oil between the cylinder head and cylinder at the gasket. No oil at the Cylinder base around the gasket. It' a thick oily (not runny, sticks on the cooling fins, does not run off) . Also a small amount between one of the Outer Rocker Cover gaskets. It was hard to see because it was between the fins.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Remaped with Screaming Eagle MAP, all ok, found the stock pipes punched. Bike sounded somewhat loud but I did not catch that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts