Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

My nephew has a 2003 Sportster 883 Custom. Unfortunately he is not comfortable with the forward controls. Does anyone have a set of mids they want to sell/swap? If not where is the best place to get the parts needed to swap it over to mids?

thanks,
KrustyTC

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
If no one here has what you need, Ebay usually has take off's.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already searched Ebay. Cheapest complete set wants $230. Way too much. Trying to do this on a really tight budget.

thanks,
KrustyTC

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Maybe you can sell your forward controls on E-bay, may be able to get $150 or so, then purchase the mids, which if you look around, usually go for about that same price. Wait it out, you'll find mids for about that price., One word of warning, if you sell the forward controls, it may have a negative effect on resale price. "C" versions are stock with forward controls. When I change things on a bike, I usually keep the take offs to offeer to a new buyer, when selling.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I have a 2000 883. If they'll fit, I might buy your forward controls.

·
Registered
2000 883 sportster that’s all I know about it
1 Posts
Say this is Billy did you trade I’ve got a 2000 883 and I’m looking for the center pegs
If I get yours cheap enough I will give you my forward controls

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Say this is Billy did you trade I’ve got a 2000 883 and I’m looking for the center pegs

If I get yours cheap enough I will give you my forward controls
Sorry, that bike has been gone for a while.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts