Harley Davidson Forums banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
V-Twin Junkie
662 Posts
I don't think there are any reliability issues, but those cylinders are not currently available. After doing the 1200 kit, which has been such a great experience, I want even more in this Sporty. 1440 ccs would be A-MAZING.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I don't think there are any reliability issues, but those cylinders are not currently available. After doing the 1200 kit, which has been such a great experience, I want even more in this Sporty. 1440 ccs would be A-MAZING.
I hear ya. Are they out of production permanently or just out of stock?

·
V-Twin Junkie
662 Posts
Roger that. Maybe 1275 kit with really good headwork and right cam is the best way to go. Or blow through turbo and let boosted freedom ring.
Not a fan of turbos on bikes. I dragraced a pretty insane GPz750 Turbo for a year. That bike was not fun on the street. No reason to go 1275 from 1200 when 1440 or bigger is possible.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
More progress! Redid the breather setup so it isn't going back into the intake. Carb is now reinstalled. Definitely didn't have to take it back off and put the needle jet seat back in that I forgot. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
Mr. James
917 Posts
I have the breather bolts on my 1200 and a chrome crossover tube with a hose and filter, that are hidden, on my 103. Much better looking also.

Reactions: Gorillathehun

·
Registered
Mr. James
917 Posts
Keeping that hot oily air out of the intake helps all the way around

Reactions: Gorillathehun

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
The bike runs! Finally got it all back together. Need to dial in the carb but even as is totally unadjusted it idles way better than before. So far so good! All fasteners on the rear wheel shined up too.

Pic of my dog for good measure too. Haha

Attachments

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,927 Posts
Glad you got ‘er back together. IIRC you live in upstate NY, so you probably have plenty of time to get that carb dialed in before you hit the mean streets.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Glad you got ‘er back together. IIRC you live in upstate NY, so you probably have plenty of time to get that carb dialed in before you hit the mean streets.
In theory I'm going to throw her in the bed of the truck and get er dialed in next week in NC 👍👍

See if it doesn't break down between concord NC and the Tennessee border. Yeeyee!

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,927 Posts
Now that would be a good plan. Move it past the theory stage and get on it!

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
On the road again! Test and tuning underway here in NC. Everything is good so far but the front end seems clunky on braking. It may just be new noises from the progressive cartridge kits or I'm wondering if something may not be installed quite right. I brought my motorcycle jack so ill get it in the air and inspect it all.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 91 Posts