Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2021 sporster s 1250T
Had issues a week after taking it home - software issues display no start -
Bike was updated - two weeks later software issues - updated again - each time at the dealership at least 4 weeks - “at this point”
The bike road jerky at lower speeds and I road it for about a month when I took back to Harley- while I was there the oil change was done 550 $ and again software update - ! Immediately after pick up engine light and faults Being logged ! Back to the dealership- after 3 weeks I was told the starter clutch is no good causing all the issues - Harley Davison corporation called - a new starter clutch is pulled fresh off the assembly line and sent to dealership- after a week of waiting no call from dealership- i called the dealership and was informed the part never arrived!!! Called the Harley corp !? Ask why has the part not shipped ? Was informed the part was sent a week ago and sign for as delivered at dealership!
Come to find out part is missing-
Another part was ask to be shipped and no one knows if or when a part will be delivered
It’s now end of September and I’m paying for a motorcycle that’s is never in my garage -let alone me riding it !
I literally Don’t know what to do - I guess it’s just free money to Harley
And I’m with out a bike - and as John snow says winter is coming -
So any advice help

· Registered
2016 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
1,959 Posts
Do you have another dealership close by . . . you don't have to have it serviced at the dealership you purchased the bike from.

Reactions: JLR

· Banned
174 Posts
Everything I read about the newer harleys sounds like quality control issues. If your security system locks you out its common, if the plating and chrome have issues with quality its normal. The more I read about the newer production harley davidson, the more happy I am that I did not pay cash for a new one just to say "its NEW" Shame to hear about even more issues with the new bikes. Hope you eventually get all the "new bike" bugs worked out of it. Way too much trouble for what you pay to have "new" Good luck.

· Registered
28,911 Posts
Any time the MoCo rolls out a new engine design the poor suckers who have more money than sense that buys it has to go through therapy after the MoCo forgets to finish the job. R&D should be done at the factory and on their dime, not the customers.

I hope your warrantee is extended for every day it is in the dealers possession.
The Lemon Law is a good angle to address manufacturing issues, a software glitch at speed could be deadly.
If the dealer can't get the part to repair it , they'll have to buy it back from you.

· Retired citizen
26,662 Posts
Bought a 2021 sporster s 1250T
Had issues a week after taking it home - software issues display no start -
Bike was updated - two weeks later software issues - updated again - each time at the dealership at least 4 weeks - “at this point”
The bike road jerky at lower speeds and I road it for about a month when I took back to Harley- while I was there the oil change was done 550 $ and again software update - ! Immediately after pick up engine light and faults Being logged ! Back to the dealership- after 3 weeks I was told the starter clutch is no good causing all the issues - Harley Davison corporation called - a new starter clutch is pulled fresh off the assembly line and sent to dealership- after a week of waiting no call from dealership- i called the dealership and was informed the part never arrived!!! Called the Harley corp !? Ask why has the part not shipped ? Was informed the part was sent a week ago and sign for as delivered at dealership!
Come to find out part is missing-
Another part was ask to be shipped and no one knows if or when a part will be delivered
It’s now end of September and I’m paying for a motorcycle that’s is never in my garage -let alone me riding it !
I literally Don’t know what to do - I guess it’s just free money to Harley
And I’m with out a bike - and as John snow says winter is coming -
So any advice help
Lemon Law, make them take the bike back and get your money refunded IMO.

· Registered
23 Posts
That is pretty poor service from your dealer. Have you looked at your state's lemon laws? Maybe there is some recourse there?
Yea man I kinda dont understand how any dealership can get away with this. Anything over $10k should be in working order and if it's not, it should be paid for by the dealer that sold you the bike. Am I wrong?

· Administrator
14,361 Posts
I agree with you. I would be throwing a fit with them and the moco. I even had an indie give me a loaner bike once. If you have another local dealer (as suggested above), I would see if they can help you out.

· Registered
7 Posts
I'm no lawyer, but lemon laws usually apply to automobiles ONLY. No boats, RV's, motorcycles, etc. That said, I'd be sitting down with the dealership OWNER (not some flunky or manager) and find out how he can make you whole, otherwise, you're probably looking at seeing a lawyer next.

· Registered
2 Posts
Up date - bike was fixed new starter clutch - but in a week kicked another engine light for knock sensor - this time I took it another dealership!! Hopefully the service here will be better ! I just can’t believe this 20,000 bike is such a piece of shit

· Registered
5 Posts
Up date - bike was fixed new starter clutch - but in a week kicked another engine light for knock sensor - this time I took it another dealership!! Hopefully the service here will be better ! I just can’t believe this 20,000 bike is such a piece of shit
I have the exact same issues First starting issues winds and then cranks and May start. Had the knock sensor issues they said the connection was loose. Now my bike cranks but won’t start waited 20 minutes and then started. Also display goes out when riding and reboots. I got a code of P037400P. It’s at the dealership. I don’t want the bike it’s to dangerous to ride because it stalls out and you lose your instrument cluster,traction control,ABS, I have to pull over shut bike off and restart.I am demanding a refund today.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same issues First starting issues winds and then cranks and May start. Had the knock sensor issues they said the connection was loose. Now my bike cranks but won’t start waited 20 minutes and then started. Also display goes out when riding and reboots. I got a code of P037400P. It’s at the dealership. I don’t want the bike it’s to dangerous to ride because it stalls out and you lose your instrument cluster,traction control,ABS, I have to pull over shut bike off and restart.I am demanding a refund today.
I’m starting to think this way also - this bike is junk , been in the dealership for repairs the whole year I e own it - when I start talking about getting my money back - corporate Harley keeps telling me no ! Good luck

· Registered
5 Posts
I will try to work it out with the dealership today I’ll keep you posted.
The dealership called today and said a new software update was available for the problems I am having. The bike is ready for pickup hopefully they got it right this time. I give credit to high octane they are trying to resolve the issues.

· Registered
2 Posts
my ‘22 sportster s ran flawlessly… until the recent “ software update “ now it just blows codes every time I start it up, 50 miles to the dealership ( they are great btw, Mathews hd in Fresno,ca ) I really love this bike I just want the code monkeys at Harley to revert the software as it’s not an engine issue it ran great until someone in Milwaukee made me an involuntary beta tester

· Registered
5 Posts
I received my bike on 11/5/2022 took for a test ride everything seems ok but have to wait for better weather. One thing i did notice is that it started up without a delay and bogging like its on a power stroke. Hopefully by next year things will be resolved good luck keep me posted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts