1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Oh don't feed me straight lines!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the leather covered hard bags on my '07 and they are pretty nice. Wish I had gotten the quick release mounts though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the hard shell painted from Harley and they are nice. Not a ton of room since the shock indents into them so heavy. I may look at the ridged leather ones too (to keep the Peanut tank w/Racing Orange color scheme and have black bags) as I switch to a pearl yellow color scheme with my fenders, tank, saddle bags and hard shell tour pack for taking on trips sometimes. Really works quite well with windscreen.

It looks like Harley makes the new Pony Express look bags now w/1200 c.i. of space. I have tried the throw over bags made my SAC and didn't work out. The other piece that I have that works well is the Kuryakyn Backpack (GranTour) that can double for a backrest and straps onto the sissy bar setting on the passenger pillion. Lots of room. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone. What ended up happening here is that the rider got HD leather saddle bags and a big old Saddleman sissy bar bag. It all seems to be working out well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts