Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the 2013 Sportster service manual be good for my 2014 Superlow 1200T? Does anyone know the timeframe Harley or Clymer has for coming out with new service manuals? 2013 is the latest I could find online and I haven't had a chance to ask at the dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2014 Sportster manual I'm not using anymore if you can't find one locally.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2014 Sportster manual I'm not using anymore if you can't find one locally.
Can I ask where you got it from because I searched everywhere including the dealership. I just never asked them when they'd be getting them in because I thought I'd just buy one online.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I called up the dealer, they had it in stock and I went and picked it up. They even matched Kutter Harley's price at the time for it. This was May of this year.

·
Super Moderator
12,729 Posts

·
Registered
11,031 Posts
Can I ask where you got it from because I searched everywhere including the dealership. I just never asked them when they'd be getting them in because I thought I'd just buy one online.
Check with a different dealer(s). I ordered a new '13 RG in August of '12, bike came in in November '12 and I had purchased the '13 service manual from my dealer before my bike came in.

·
Super Moderator
4,344 Posts
Also, when I got the CVO Break Out there was some confusion on the service manual. I got the regular Break Out manual, and the CVO Manual supplement that just filled the gaps that the regular one missed. There may be an extra supplement from the Super Low. The Parts manual and electronic diagnostic manuals help also.

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer still didn't have the 2014 Sportster service manual in stock today. He ordered one and it should be here Thursday. They wanted $65 for it. I mentioned how I can get it online for $48 and the parts guy told me to print out the add and bring it in when I pay and they'll match the price. It's good to know they do that. Thanks Darryls48 for the information about your dealer matching online prices. I never would have asked if not for your post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts