Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Recently purchased a 2014 xl1200t superlow with 7000mi on it. It had v&h slip ons on it, way to loud for me and would jump and backfire going down the road. They had no fuel management on the bike. So I put factory mufflers back on, runs like a dream. Question is- is there a slip on that will give a mild rumble, not to loud and won't have to run fuel management to get it to run properly. I would like would enjoy touring the mountain hiways without going deaf.
Not against loud bikes, my 2006 springer is running v&h long shots.
I am new here, haven't been in forums before, please bare with me.
Thank you.

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
Welcome from KY. I had a 2009 1200C Sporty and my HD dealer carried, besides the HD products, "Rush" exhaust products. For my '09 Sporty Rush made three different mufflers. The quietest Rush slip on was just about the same as stock and I don't know why anyone would ever buy them. The loudest Rush slip on was waaaay too loud for me. But...., the one in the middle was "just right" for my tastes (and ear drums). And I never needed a tuner for that bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from KY. I had a 2009 1200C Sporty and my HD dealer carried, besides the HD products, "Rush" exhaust products. For my '09 Sporty Rush made three different mufflers. The quietest Rush slip on was just about the same as stock and I don't know why anyone would ever buy them. The loudest Rush slip on was waaaay too loud for me. But...., the one in the middle was "just right" for my tastes (and ear drums). And I never needed a tuner for that bike.
Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts