Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 87 Sportster 1100 XlH and it seems like the only way my turn signals work is if i hold them in..in doing so they blink fine but I'm wondering if this is usual or something i need to fix.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't know your specific bike, but I would say that it's something that needs to be fixed. It almost sounds like the turn signal button is not functioning as designed.

Exco

·
Retired citizen
24,287 Posts
The TSM controls the flash, if your bike only has a signal-stat type flasher you have to hold the button.
You can update to a Badlands electronic turn module so the blinkers flash automatic for approx. 12 seconds after the button is released. Also has 4 way flash.

·
Registered
70 Posts
+1 On the Badlands unit. I put on on my 87 Sporty for the same reason. I didn't like having to hold down the stiff switches.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Yes, '87's had to have the button held in to flash. I have installed the mentioned Badlands module. Easy install, and worth the money, IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the feed back guys. def going to check into the mentioned badlands. i hate having to hold that in while turning..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Or fit 86 switches (from an FXR, but a Sporty may be the same) as they lock into place! Lord knows what they were smoking when they thought up the 'lets force them to press the button' moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts