Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after doing more than a few searches, I have found no answer. And to make it worse, the guys at the P&A desk can't answer it either. Plus, no reply to an email sent to Saddlemen. So this seems my best shot.
First detail, I have a 2009 XL1200C. Sundowner seat, sissy bar with luggage rack. Next part of the equation, I am looking at this set of bags,
Quick Disconnect Saddlebags Drifter Styling, Sportster except 1200 Sport Model - saddlemen.com
Seeing as it comes with all the hardware for the quick disconnect, I figure this would make my life easier. My issue however, may actually be a simple answer. Will this hardware completely replace the mounts for the sissy bar? Or will I have to check into something else completely. I like the styling of these, and the rigid mount makes this a bit better for loading down when I want to take off for a longer trip.
Anyone have thhese on thier Sporty with a sissy bar? Or know someone that does?

Thanks,

Drkcougar3

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Do you have a rigid mounted sissy bar or is it quick disconnect??
If it is rigid mounted (between the fender and the swingarm) you shouldn't have any issues with the bags. If it is a quick disconnect...you may have to get creative.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a rigid mounted sissy bar or is it quick disconnect??
If it is rigid mounted (between the fender and the swingarm) you shouldn't have any issues with the bags. If it is a quick disconnect...you may have to get creative.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Quick disconnect. Getting creative may not be a problem. Was hoping someone else may have delt with this before though. Even if it's another model with the same issue. At least that would give a direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts