Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Road King Classic which is a nice bike and my first Harley. I thought I would be able to do some long trips but it turns out after some health problems that this won't be possible. I can still ride but just short miles. Would I hate a Sporty after having bigger bikes and a 'King? Anybody's .02 welcome here.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
I've had a Sportster, now have a Dyna and an Electra. I would not have a problem riding a Sportster again. At all. Especially a '04 or newer rubber mounted one.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you can still comfortably handle and ride the Road King I'd hold on to it. Nothing says you have to ride a Road King long distance. On the other hand, if the bike is becoming uncomfortable to handle due to health issues then by all means trade down to the Sportster. It's a great bike for short distance, extremely easy to handle and you can still enjoy the pleasure of riding.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's really about how comfortable you are on the bikes. You've just gotta try them out. Sportsters are Def a little more rough unless you throw some money in it and upgrade shocks, fork Springs, seat, etc. They are great for short rides and definitely fun.

·
Just Ride
3,265 Posts
Ride the king,it can be rode on short trips too

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all your input. It's a good idea to keep test riding. Sorry, the new 500 and 750 don't appeal to me as much as a sportster does.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have both a XL1200C and a Road King. The Sporty is great in the city, very light and nimble compared to the RK. DOn't have any bags or such on the Sporty so if I need to haul anything I use the RK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts