Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the differences in ride is between a springer front and the common front end on a softtail, or any bike for that matter...

:think

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,509 Posts
Well, if I were as astute as I would like to be I would quote our resident guru Dave63, but the gist of it is that a springer is antiquated technology. They look wicked cool, but you will get a much smoother ride with a modern (hydraulic) front end. They also have to be maintained more frequently.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I've ridden several Evo/TC Springers, and they have a "unique" reaction to the road and bumps. I agree with the above post.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was hoping for a thread like this. Saw a few springers yesterday. Makes since that the ride wouldn't be as good but looks cool.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
performance is not as high quality so to speak as forks. You tend to feel the road more, which some people love and others hate. They look awesome though and from what I have been exposed to the maintenance is not a big issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
1 piston front brake caliper vs 4 piston on the hydraulic front ends takes more time to stop... That and if you are leaning in a curve and it is bumpy/rutted it will "hop" on you more. Looks cool from behind the bars though

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts