Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Any info greatly appreciated.
I've been a harley rider since 2008. I'm now thinking of chopping in my rd king for a springer softail 2008. Possibly a cvo.
I have no experience or knowledge of sprinters.
What would I need to look out for. And what sort of ride is it.
Many thanks in advance.
Jonny:)

·
Super Moderator
12,576 Posts
But the Springer has a magic of its own. I don't recommend it as a daily ride. I have one, but I have 4 bikes. There is just something about it that takes me back to the early days of riding a mini bike. Rough ride, no windscreen, raw. I have ridden to Austin and back from Dallas (about 400 miles), but that is about my limit. I can go 750+ miles on the Limited without any problems.

·
Retired citizen
22,313 Posts
Springer forks are low maintenance, no fork oil changes.
Critical adjustments are; fallaway for neck bearings and rocker torque which can be done during front tire changes.
I would take a test ride to see if the bike fits me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But the Springer has a magic of its own. I don't recommend it as a daily ride. I have one, but I have 4 bikes. There is just something about it that takes me back to the early days of riding a mini bike. Rough ride, no windscreen, raw. I have ridden to Austin and back from Dallas (about 400 miles), but that is about my limit. I can go 750+ miles on the Limited without any problems.
Many thanks for your advice. 👍

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've ridden both hyd. front ends and springer, i may be a bit backward but I prefer the springer, I've ridden mine for 174,000 miles and love it. just set it up to fit you, loosen the front springs a tad and a decent front shock, then you're good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts