Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just installed a spring seat / conversion kit on my 2007 sportster. I had a hell of a time getting it lined up. The spring bolts were further back then I thought they would be (had the T-bar as far ahead as I could go). I uploaded a pic. I was wondering if they look ok / normal?

Reason I ask, I thought the overall spring would have more of an arc, somewhat like a parenthesis "(" ... instead, it is more straight up and down and curves up by the seat bolt.

Thanks for any info. I took it around the block a few times and it feels really high compared to the stock seat. It felt like I was riding on a booster seat. I got the 5" springs. I'm guessing it would feel lower and give more of laid back relax feel if I went with the 3" springs. Not knowing ahead of time what springs to get and I push 300lbs weight, I thought the 5" would give more than they do.

Do you find that the springs settle in fairly quickly? If so, I'll ride on these for a month or so to wear them in and hopefully the seat will lower itself.

Attachments

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
You need a sound track of Green Acres while you bonce down the road.
>
Hog riding is the place for me. I just adore a fat Harley. Da da di da da bomp bomp

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
you realize you posted about your SPORTSTER in the Touring forum right? I ride sporty as well I think you would get more help in the sporty forum because let's be honest, how many touring bikes do you see with a spring seat? I am 230# and rode with a spring seat but didn't care for it at all. I have put road king air shocks on my sporty and that changed the ride to so much better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanks for the info. Yea, I realized the category once I posted and looked on my phone for an update, by then it was too late.

After riding today, I ended up switching them out for the 3" springs. I like the look and height now. Only issue is getting used to the solo seat. I find while accelerating it gave that feeling like I was gonna zip off the back. That may just require some getting used to.

@Stone Cold, hehe, yea, it's probably not the typical bike someone my size goes with. I just learned to ride last Sept., so that affected my decision on my first bike. Initially I went in to look at Fat Boy Lo's. After trying out different types, I was incredibly happy with the '07 sportster they had. For my skill level, the mobility and comfort were spot on for what I was looking for, plus it's zippy and a fun ride. Now I'm just trying to find the perfect seat setup to help with those rough bumps :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Señor Member
19,586 Posts
We need a new pic. I thought it looked amazing with the original springs, but the ride has got to be right.

The thong comment was amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts