Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK first off, sorry for not being here in a long time I just made it home from Afghanistan about two weeks ago. Any way down to business I got home, Put a set of ape hangers on my Heritage and have been doing a lot of riding. Well this is my first Harley and that being said I don't know a lot about them. Well when riding everything goes smooth it idles fine and has plenty of power accept at full throttle, at full throttle she sputters and doesn't pick up any speed until I let up to about 3/4 throttle, what could be causing this? Sorry for rambling, just had to build up to it.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
OK first off, sorry for not being here in a long time I just made it home from Afghanistan about two weeks ago. Any way down to business I got home, Put a set of ape hangers on my Heritage and have been doing a lot of riding. Well this is my first Harley and that being said I don't know a lot about them. Well when riding everything goes smooth it idles fine and has plenty of power accept at full throttle, at full throttle she sputters and doesn't pick up any speed until I let up to about 3/4 throttle, what could be causing this? Sorry for rambling, just had to build up to it.
Carb needs cleaning and adjustment.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Try running some see foam through her if she's been sitting awhile.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Agree with both statements above. Sounds like a crapped up carb if it is carbed. Like it's clogged just enough to give you problems at high jet volume. If it's not then it may need to be tuned. No need to apologize for being deployed. There's no expiration date on posting as far as I know.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,551 Posts
Agree on the above but you might have to have the carb taken apart and cleaned out and put a kit in it but do the Seafoam first. You can get it any Walmart or auto parts

Thank uou for your service
:USA....:USA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts