Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I am experiencing a problem with my Fatboy making loud squeaking noises. The noise seems to be coming from the shock absorbers and is loud enough to turn heads. Has anyone had this problem? I installed a White Bros. lowering kit about 4 years ago and it has been working fine until now. The bike has 50,000 miles. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
39,550 Posts
No suggestions, but Im interested in what you find as I have the same lowering kit on my bike.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Howdy folks,

I am experiencing a problem with my Fatboy making loud squeaking noises. The noise seems to be coming from the shock absorbers and is loud enough to turn heads. Has anyone had this problem? I installed a White Bros. lowering kit about 4 years ago and it has been working fine until now. The bike has 50,000 miles. Any suggestions?
Welcome! I would take the shocks off and check them, it sounds like either one of the joints is wore out or one or both of the shocks are blown out,

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
I just spray WD40 into the small holes on the shocks and squeaks are gone for another year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all

Thanks for all the advice. I'll probably try the WD-40 first as I don't have access to a tool for taking the shocks apart for inspection.

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Also make sure the swingarm bearings are good.
Good point. You might could try applying a little graphite to the shock mounting points. I had a recurring squeek on my Rk and it turned out to be the rubber inserts for the pipe hangers at the back of the bike. I got tired of using the WD and bought some new rubber inserts and the problem went away.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Don't have sex while on the bike??? :coockoo:coockoo:rofl::rofl:

I'm going to get my own self..:ban:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts