Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well they say curiosity killed the cat instead I took a plunge into the world of Harley's. Not to get ahead of myself but I've been riding a supersport for about 5 years now. I took a 2015 streetglide special out for a daily rental from my local HD dealer. I simply loved the experience and now I'm hooked. With a sticker price however of 30k CAD I wont be owning that one anytime soon. I'd like to know how alot of ppl here ended up on their current ride.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
A friend passed away and I ended up with his bike.

1444970238518.jpg

He got 90 thrilling miles. I did the rest of the damage...

·
Vile Deplorable
1,441 Posts
My aunt died and left me some money. We were current on all debts and buying it would cause no hardship, so I started looking at bikes, starting with the metrics. After talking with a Harley owning friend, I stopped at the HD store in Santa Fe with the wife and I talked to sales while my wife looked at, and sat on, all the offerings. She called us over and told me "You can buy this model. You can pick the color." That's how I got my Ultra Limited last year.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I purchased a used Street Glide at a much lower price that is broken in and I don't worry about getting a scratch on it.

·
American
28,694 Posts
Worked for it. Started with Softail paid it down moved up to Ultra.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Saved my pennies and traded in the first wife for my new 83.
Dad passed away and had planned well. Got my new 98.
Legal settlement got me my current used 99.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
I stole mine.:2guns

·
Registered
526 Posts
My current ride is a 2015 Street Bob I picked up at the dealer 2 hours and 15 minutes ago :). Prior to that was a 2014 Sportster 72 (first Harley after 40 years of riding other stuff), a great bike that I thoroughly enjoyed for 4,500 miles but wanted to move up to something bigger with a little more creature comfort. The HD dealer gave me a good deal on the trade-in and price the on the Street Bob.

Confession, I did look at a couple of Victory's (yes, a moment of insanity) but they were no where in the ballpark on trade-in value, sort of understandable given they would have a harder time turning the bike over. And while I like some of their bikes, all things considered, the Street Bob was the better deal and a better fit for me.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX. I bought mine.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My father bought me a 65HD trail bike(AMF) when I was 10 years old...bran new, I will never forget that day. I have owned serveral since and I am still hooked:grin

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
That's a good trade. Most HD dealers won't fall for that!
:nah Did`t trade her in to a Dealer.
Gave her back to one of her olf boy friends. Cost me the lawyers fees.
But boy did I save in the long run. And started riding too.
Win/Win.

Always remember. No matter how fine she is. She used to be somebody else`s pain in the ass. :nod

·
New Rider
1 Posts
I am 21, so previously I haven't been financially able to buy a motorcycle. My dad owns a Fatboy and I drove it for the first time last week. He has been trying to convince me to get one of his friends used Sportsters. Needless to say, after that first drive, I will be making the purchase. lol. I guess I was bound to, he gave me the middle name Harley when I was born and my mother was heavily medicated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea I'm 27 and currently own a 2009 CBR600RR (paid for) but with a single income and a mortgage its a tough decision. I like the bells and whistles on the 2015 model. Is there a year I should shoot for? In terms of is the 103ci engine that much better then the previous 93? I don't dabble with too many carbed bikes but are the older Harley's (lets say 2005 or older) tempermental?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts