Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,723 Posts

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
You can also use SeaFoam which has other good uses.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Stabil makes one that specifies for ethanol blended gas on the label.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yup, have used it for years. Don't waste your $ on the "special for ethanol" mix. The good old red original works perfect for 6-8 months of winter storage. One ounce to every 2 1/2 gallons of gas. But remember to run the engine to ensure it gets circulated throughout the entire fuel system.

·
Señor Member
19,723 Posts
Yup, have used it for years. Don't waste your $ on the "special for ethanol" mix. The good old red original works perfect for 6-8 months of winter storage. One ounce to every 2 1/2 gallons of gas. But remember to run the engine to ensure it gets circulated throughout the entire fuel system.

This.

·
Registered
556 Posts
WOW!! It must be getting cold somewhere because we are already talking about Sea Foam and Stabil. It was 61 for a low here in San Antonio this morning and 80 something this afternoon. Nice ride to work and home.

·
Señor Member
19,723 Posts
WOW!! It must be getting cold somewhere because we are already talking about Sea Foam and Stabil. It was 61 for a low here in San Antonio this morning and 80 something this afternoon. Nice ride to work and home.

This is also the time of year when yankees start to not like southern braggery. :)

I'll be going for a short ride tomorrow I hope. But I'll be in long johns and a face mask.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
As global warming overtakes the planet, the temperatures are getting colder! It is the same as when you turn up the heat under a pot of water and the water turns to ice. That is pretty much how Algore and his brood of fellow travelers describes it.

It only makes sense if you were dumb enough to vote for Obama in 2008 and 2012 and think that Hillary would be a great candidate in 2016.

Here in Denver, NC it is 51 degrees this morning and it is in the low 40's in the mountains, up the road about 60 miles. The prediction is for a very cold winter in this part of the country.

Pete

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW!...a weather report along with some storage advice...nice!
Here in Ptld. the rain is back and i love to ride,but i don't do rain rides no matter the temps. So the scoot will take a nap for awhile...sta-bil in red is the sleeping pill for the wg.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
803 Posts
I was a sta-bil user and I still think it is good stuff but I switched to sea foam. Sea foam not only stabilizes the gas it has other benefits, mainly cleaning and lubricating the top end of the motor.

·
Señor Member
19,723 Posts
I was a sta-bil user and I still think it is good stuff but I switched to sea foam. Sea foam not only stabilizes the gas it has other benefits, mainly cleaning and lubricating the top end of the motor.

Can't lose. Two quality products.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
:laugh Don't forget the B1

·
Registered
946 Posts
My insurance ran out 2 weeks ago so the bike was parked. Winter is just around the corner. Next week the studded snow tires are going on the truck. Damn I hate winter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts