Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have VH pipes, and gift card enough to get heavier breathing air unit. Will that do anything, or do I need to spend more $$ to notice any positive difference?

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
When you open up exhaust AND intake, you usually want to add fuel to eliminate lean running mixture and take advantage of the extra air flowing through your combustion chambers, resulting in an increase in power. The is normally accomplished by introducing an electronic device to modify your fuel injection system. A "tuner", if you will. A simpler way to do it is to add "xieds"--which modify the injected fuel quantity. A software download from the dealer can be a first step in this direction, as well.

--

·
Motor boating
5,255 Posts

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Or do they damage the 'cat' ? I saw that online as well
Most members here advocate de-catting the headers. Runs cooler, flows more freely and sounds better. Not an extremely difficult mod, but does require some relatively simple welding. Or replace with aftermarket headers. Or do an exchange with stock headers that have already been modified.

--

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Good to know... Does the xied, and fuel pack do the same thing?
Two different ways to do the same thing--enrichen the fuel/air ratio.

--

·
Registered
146 Posts
didn't see it in your post...what bike do you have?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saved more $$ than I thought... Found out my bike already has the high flow air filter with stock cover. So , I had stage 1 upgrades without realizing it. Now I need another upgrade idea. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts