Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sportster Fan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have aftermarket slip-ons and stock air cleaner. I am thinking of upgrading my air cleaner but instead of purchasing an expensive tuner, thinking of a plug and play ViED.

Anyone installed Outlaw stage 1 air clearner and ViED fuel management? What air cleaner did you install? How is the AC and ViED working out for you?

·
Asylum Inmate
11,742 Posts
I have K & N air filter and slip ons from Rush.

I went with Xied on my 12 FLSTFB and have been real happy. 20 f lower on temp with IR Gun.

·
Sportster Fan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have K & N air filter and slip ons from Rush.

I went with Xied on my 12 FLSTFB and have been real happy. 20 f lower on temp with IR Gun.
Does the XiED still run lean? I was told the ZiED is adjustable meaning you can still fine tune AF, but both are good plug and play fuel management sytems. Thank you

·
Registered
11,993 Posts
XIEDS money well spent, plug and play. Running SE A/C kit, Cycle Shack 3" and 20F oil temp drop.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,742 Posts
Does the XiED still run lean? I was told the ZiED is adjustable meaning you can still fine tune AF, but both are good plug and play fuel management sytems. Thank you

They rich up about 7 percent except WOT which runs the map.

·
Sportster Fan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XiED appears to be the more popular install. I purchased the ViED which is also a plug and play similar to the XiED but can be fined tuned, if needed. I believe both XiED and ViED works the same so good to know there are not issues with both intake and exhaust upgrades.

Thank you.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
The xieds have been out longer, all they do is put a resistor, or variable resistor for the vieds, inline of the o2 sensor and ecm, tricks the ecm into thinking its running lean and adds a bit more fuel over the entire fuel table.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts