Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I know very little about getting more hp from my stock '09 Road King. Was reading up about getting an ac and exhaust to increase flow, and then using a PV or similar tuner. Stuff adds up though! And I just can't find any data on how much of an improvement this makes, other than "my bike runs much better". Is there any real data... hp/torque numbers that are available to justify the cost factor? Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I bought the Power Vision for my Ultra 2 years ago. I did slip on mufflers and S.E. air kit. I noticed an increase in both horse power and torque. That tuner is amazing. I would keep presets for different riding conditions and temperature. I could flash and remap on the side of the road in 5 minutes. Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree independent data is hard to find. It is tough to dismiss all the claims made though too. The only thing I didn't go inexpensive on was the tuner. I couldn't find the tuner I wanted marked down or special priced anywhere. I took the stance that I could buy chrome stuff that does nothing to improve the bike or I could buy stuff that would possibly improve the performance of the bike, thus improving my experience.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
heck man i just found out i was only getting 3/4 throttle now that i got that working i got a whole new bike. hahahahahaha. there is a lot of info around here.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Based on what I've read stage 1 can get you up to a 10% increase in hp. Round numbers means if you start at 100hp you end up with 110hp. I guess the question comes down to what is that 10hp worth to you?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Based on what I've read stage 1 can get you up to a 10% increase in hp. Round numbers means if you start at 100hp you end up with 110hp. I guess the question comes down to what is that 10hp worth to you?
More than that....just had mine done....66 to 84 horse and 85 to 108 torque.... Put a heavy breather and big radius pipes on it and got the SEPT.....

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
A canned map is like me trying to wearing your pants, and you wearing my shoes........damn good bet that neither will work.
Once someone rides a tuned bike, they know the difference and are happy they went that route.:)
Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts