Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Taking WG to HD in Bossier City, La next week for them to install stage 1, anyone who has have this done tell me if you could tell the difference. Thks ps With stage 1 air filter and after market mufflers will it be safe to ride it 65 miles to the dealer without damage to engine?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but you probably aren't going to actually 'feel' that much of a difference with a Stage 1. I know almost a dozen members of my HOG Chapter who have done that and they all thought it was a waste of money. I just don't want you to get back on your bike and think "WOW....what a difference..." The more difference you want to feel, obviously, the more you have to spend. File that under...DUH... lol General consensus (there are exceptions of course) is that you will start to feel a slight difference with a Stage II. With a Stage III things are starting to get a bit more interesting, and with a Stage IV, especially the PRO version, AND, (this is very important) with a damn good exhaust system, it really comes alive. I ran my bike for about 5 thousand miles with the SE Dual Performance Street mufflers on it. It ran good. Then I put the Thunderheader on and that was the piece that solved the puzzle. MAN did it ever make one honkin' difference. Had to learn how to drive it all over again, as it doesn't really start to make any power until about 3,100 rpms, but at 3,600 it's like you lit the afterburners. My rev limiter is set at 6,500 rpms and it pulls in a straight line up, to that point. When I take it in for the 10,000 mile tune-up, I'm going to increase that to 7,000 if I can. Like everything else, the devil is in the details....:thumb

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can agree with the messege above it won't run like a scalded dog after a stage one. Could I tell a difference? Heck yea but probably not a huge HP or torque difference but it just ran and sounded better after pipes, air cleaner, and super tuner. To me it sounds and feels like a whole different bike. The stock system just sounded too quiet for my taste. So if your looking for a huge gain in performance then you'll want to go past stage one. If your looking for better sound and to open it up just a tad then a stage one will probably do just fine.(until your board with stage one and want to go all out) haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts