Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to find out what stages are what. any information and knowledge wanted. Is there somewhere i can go to, to read up on them. How many stages are there? What is done or changed in each stage? Are they build on continuous 1 to 2 2 to 3, or are there some that can be skipped if doing a higher one? like said any information or suggestions where to go to find info appreciated.

·
Just Ride
3,368 Posts
Search is your friend. You can build any stage you want at one time,you want stage 4 go for it.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Your only limited by your wallet..

·
Retired Army
181 Posts
I started with stage one, free flowing exhaust/ free flowing air intake and tuner (PCV). After that I went stage two by adding TW-555 cams/ woods lifters and FM adjustable pushrods.

Next I went to stage four by adding an S&S 106 BB to my 96"/ stage II port and polished heads and switched the PCV to a power vision.

I'm not sure what stage the 120R is but that was next along with a bandit sportsman clutch and 2-1 exhaust. And then added Tman 662-2 cams S&S roller rockers and lifters...

Just be aware that once you start its hard to leave anything alone!

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
are you talking SE stages? or just different levels of performance?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Looking to find out what stages are what. any information and knowledge wanted. Is there somewhere i can go to, to read up on them. How many stages are there? What is done or changed in each stage? Are they build on continuous 1 to 2 2 to 3, or are there some that can be skipped if doing a higher one? like said any information or suggestions where to go to find info appreciated.
With careful planning, you can upgrade the power step by step, w/o waisting money.
Scott

·
Registered
144 Posts
You have to try an imagine what you think you might want to try for an upgrade and hope it works. So many do the stages in small increments then it does add up.

My experience has taught me to go at least 20 more cubes at a time keeping in mind the bike has to also be built to handle the extra power brakes, fuel, exhaust, clutch. Doing as much of the work yourself will help keep the costs down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts