Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2004 Wide Glide last year and it had some issues starting starting a couple times and again this year. When I hit the start switch sometimes nothing happens, it doesn't matter if I have the clutch in or out. The neutral light is on and everything lights up event he horn works but nothing happens with the starter not even a noise. Does it sound like the switch is going bad or maybe a loose connection somewhere. I'm just looking for some tips.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Just got a 2004 Wide Glide last year and it had some issues starting starting a couple times and again this year. When I hit the start switch sometimes nothing happens, it doesn't matter if I have the clutch in or out. The neutral light is on and everything lights up event he horn works but nothing happens with the starter not even a noise. Does it sound like the switch is going bad or maybe a loose connection somewhere. I'm just looking for some tips.
Look at your starter relay first . Place hand on it , then push start button, you should feel it click . You can get replacement relays at Auto parts stores, only a few bucks .

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I had same thing almost with mine but starter tried a lil the would catch I would load test battery and check the terminal's mine were loose and caused the positive to get hot had to get new battery simple things first let us know what the fix is

1 - 3 of 3 Posts