Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month I upgraded my headers, did the SE tuner, and got a Dyno. When cold starting no issues. If I ride, then stop and turn off the bike, go get some water or something and start the bike when it is hot it will not start first try and almost always back fires (not a pop, a full shotgun blast) After the first try it will start up. Any thoughts?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
71 Posts
Last month I upgraded my headers, did the SE tuner, and got a Dyno. When cold starting no issues. If I ride, then stop and turn off the bike, go get some water or something and start the bike when it is hot it will not start first try and almost always back fires (not a pop, a full shotgun blast) After the first try it will start up. Any thoughts?

Weak battery first....bad tune second....take it back to have the tune readjusted some .

·
2015 Heritage
474 Posts
Maybe head compression. The new bikes come with compression release valve, older bikes need to add the release valve to let the compressed air out.

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They tried telling me it happens all the time so I explained then there is something bad in the pre programmed map they used. After 3 hours they say yep, a corrupted file in the map, works now. Also had to replace the battery, entire clutch assembly, and the starter. Luckily warranty took care of all but the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts