Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First..... Thank you to all of the volunteers that made the Colorado HOG rally happen. I'm certain that these folks work all year to pull it off. That said, my buddy and I felt like it was a total bust. No vendors were there, no energy, no tats, burnouts, wet t-shirts, bands or beer. Is this what one should expect these things? I rode over thinking this would be THE rally for the year. Not even close.

·
Life long rider
138 Posts
After trying 1 hog ride I quit 1/2 way through. I'm not a drink all day rider but prohibiting 1 beer with lunch is asinine. I'm sure hog is there fore someone but it ain't Fer me

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
If those are the things you are looking for then for the most part HOG is not what you are looking for.

·
Official Forum [email protected]
3,582 Posts
Not everyone in my local HOG was a ' I know what's best for you ' type but there WERE too many to put up with so...seems most of them feel they represent the motor company so they push the image and not the camaraderie...oh well...

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think Will Rogers once said, "I will never join a club that would have me for a member."

That sums it up for me...

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
solid quote duckman

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

I had let my membership lapse. I played one of the mileage games or county sign things last year and since my road atlas was still intact I decided not to renew this year. When my buddy and I decided to go to this rally, I renewed. I think that will be it for me. I'm sure the slow ride contest was a blast though.

·
Registered
419 Posts
That's the quote! I knew it was close if not exact...

:cheers

·
Administrator
13,278 Posts
Been a member for 18 years, now a life member. Never been to a state rally. I do get my pins at the HOG stops at Daytona and such.

Our rides ends at the restaurant, so if you drink, it's not an issue.

I like the charity work our local chapter does. That's what keeps me going to the monthly meetings.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
"I belong to no organized political party. I'm a Democrat. - Will Rogers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts