1999 Blue Flame FXR3, 2017 Road Glide Ultra
I'm not electrical savvy. But I didn't think I was a dummy. I bought a boss audio system for my Sport glide. So the instructions offer 2 wiring options, one with a switch and one using a relay. So I tried to wire it with a switch. I watched a couple videos and thought it would be do able. So, I bought an on and off switch. 30 amp. I ran a wire to the positive side of the battery. I hooked the negative side of the wiring to a post on the side of the frame. Looks like a ground bank. I tested it with a test light. It has a few wires hooked in to it. Nothing hooked to wires past the switch. As soon as I connected the Negative battery cable it started smoking, melted the Pos and Neg wires from the switch back to the battery. Any Ideas what I did wrong? The switch is labeled, Earth, load and 12 volt 30 amp. I had the ground to earth, Hot to 12v. And a wire out to the stereo connector. Which has only 2 wires. Red and black with a red stripe. Nothing was plugged in to them, they did not melt. I did have the ground and the black with red stripe hooked together on the earth connector of the switch. Thanks in advance.