Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum and happy to be here. First ill start out with what I have then ill ask for suggestions. I have a ‘17 street glide with a Sony AX7000 head unit, biketronics BT 2180 amp and biketronics bt7P14 speakers. I understand nuts and bolts Not electronics. My problem is biketronics says to turn bass all the way off on head unit. At 75mph you can‘t really hear bass anyway so fine no biggie. My problem in town cruising, stop light to stop light, no bass sounds really bad. I try to adjust my equalizer and continue on. Every time. It gets old and I hate being the guy in the crew that you have to wait on. Most of the time I keep the bass off and just turn stereo down cuz it sounds so bad. I forgot on our last trip and blew the speakers. Volume wasn’t even up very high. Head unit is fine and waterproofed and the amp is fine. I’d like a speaker that can handle both highway and in town riding without me have to adjust equalizer every time. The speakers are expensive so I assumed they can handle it but I was wrong. If this is what everyone has to do when they go from in town to highway then thats fine, I’ll just continue. If not please tell me what speaker you’re using that can handle it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
884 Posts
For some amps, you have to set the equalizer flat for them to process the signal correctly and no clip the sound. Amps are also adjustable for the high and low frequency so that you don't hurt the amp or speakers. There are discussions that cover that out on the internet better than what I can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts